Rugby Wales
     
Narberth RFC team badge

 

 

 

 

 

Welsh Rugby Merchandise
RUGBY IN NARBERTH

Narberth RFC

Rugby was played in Narberth in the 1870's and the earliest reference to the town team playing a match appeared in the Carmarthen journal of 1879. The match was against Haverfordwest who won by two tries to nil.

Dai Ebsworth on the charge

It was at the annual general meeting in June 1965, that the Otter was adopted as the club's emblem. It was proposed " since Miss Lewis Lloyd was a staunch follower of the otter hounds it would be fitting that we had an otter's head as the motif on the club tie.

Three electric light poles were erected to floodlight the bottom part of the ground and the mini pitch for night training sessions.

The club entered the seventies in good heart when plans for an extension to the club house were finalised and the work put out to contract.The opening of the new extension in 1971 embraced up-to-date changing and shower facilities for each team, a well equipped kitchen and a tea room large enough for both teams.

The benefits of running a junior section were now being reaped with two of the previous season's Youth XV holding regular places in the first team.

 

   
Site Design by Web Design In Wales © Exposure 2000 Ltd